Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Drivers with Disabilities

    Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Iowa Illinois Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maryland Montana Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Nebraska Nevada New Mexico North Carolina New Hampshire New York North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Utah Virginia Washington Wyoming West Virginia Wisconsin Vermont New Jersey Maine Massachusetts Rhode Island Delaware Connecticut Maryland Delaware New Jersey Connecticut Rhode Island Massachusetts Vermont New Hampshire Michigan Michigan has compiled the information you need to apply for a disability placard or license plate in your state. Search our pages to find out what you need to apply, where to apply, and how to renew or replace your disabled parking permit.

    Most states offer removable placards for those with short-term or long-term disabilities, as well as license plates for those with long-term disabilities. Many states also offer special license plates for disabled veterans.

    To apply for disability placards or license plates, you'll be required to have a doctor or other approved medical professional complete part of your application to certify your disability. In some cases, you may have to pay a fee for your permit.

    Where available, we've provided links to the forms and other materials you'll need to complete your application. You'll also find website, telephone, and mailing information to make your application process easier; and we let you know about fees for license plates and placards.

    Let assist you in getting your disability placards and plates so you can start using disabled parking as soon as possible.