Replacing a Lost Title in Delaware
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Replacing your lost vehicle title in Delaware requires several documents, but it's fairly easy to obtain once you've gathered all the information. You'll need to submit the following documentation to your local DMV office:
- An Application for Duplicate Title must be completed, then signed by all owners of the vehicle. The driver's license number of each owner is needed for the form. All owners can go in person to the DMV, or a limited power-of-attorney can be signed (check out a sample form).
- $25 fee.
- Current odometer reading.
- Tag number and expiration date.
If there is a lien on the vehicle, the lienholder will need to complete part of the application and the fee will be $35.
You can apply for a duplicate title in person at your local DMV office or you can submit all documentation and fees, in certified form, by mail to:
- State of Delaware
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- P.O. Box 698
- Dover, DE 19903
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.