Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Delaware

    Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:


    If your motor scooter does not qualify as a moped, it must be titled and registered. The scooter must pass a safety inspection, with all the same safety equipment required on motorcycles. You must have a current, valid driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement to operate a motor scooter.

    If the scooter is designed, built, and used as a toy, there is no need to register or title it. These type of scooters are not allowed on public roadways.

    Mopeds and Tripeds

    Mopeds and tripeds must be titled and registered in Delaware. You must have a valid driver's license, but a motorcycle endorsement is not required. Mopeds and tripeds are not allowed on interstate or limited-access highways.

    Your moped or triped must have a bell or horn which can be heard 100 feet away. The state recommends a safety helmet and bright clothing as safety measures.

    The cost of registration is $5 for 3 years.

    Motorized Skateboards and Scooters

    These vehicles are not designed or built for street-use, so the state does not require them to be titled or registered.

    Researching Scooters and Mopeds

    Many people are looking for alternate means of transportation because gas costs are skyrocketing. Check out the following list of our pages to help your own research.

    To educate:

    And just for fun:

    Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip: