Online Services in DelawarePage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Delaware Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Delaware Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Related Content
DE DMV branch wait times As the first state to ratify the Constitution, Delaware understands the value of expediency. Delaware offers a number of online driver and vehicle services that can save you time and a trip to your local DMV branch office.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby DE DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Submit your next of kin emergency contact number online to the DE DMV.
- Pay a traffic ticket online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a DE drivers license practice test.
- Take a DE drivers permit practice test.
- Take a DE commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a DE motorcycle license practice test.
- Take a motorcycle training course matching your riding ability.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Delaware Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Delaware defensive driving or traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Delaware.
- Order a hauling permit for oversize or overweight vehicles.
- Access Delaware's International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) e-filing system.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby DE DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- View live, up-to-the-second inspection station lines.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Delaware.
- Renew your DE vehicle registration online.
- Determine your vehicle registration fees using an online fee calculator.
- Change the address your vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain a Delaware license plate.
- Order a DE vanity plate online.
- Research a vehicle's history online.
- Learn more on DE smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Delaware that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section