Driver Handbook in DelawarePage Overview
On this page, you’ll find links to the various driving manuals and handbooks you need to pass your DMV driver’s license exams.
You can read through the Delaware Driver Manual (also offered in other languages) to study for the DE driver’s license tests. Subjects include:
- Rules of the road.
- Driver’s license exams.
- DE driver’s license process.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol and drugs.
- Driver’s license revocations and suspensions.
- Driver Improvement Problem Driver Program.
- Handling emergency situations.
- Avoiding crashes.
The manual covers a variety of topics, including:
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) process.
- Transporting passengers and cargo.
- Combination vehicles.
- Air brakes.
- CDL violations.
- Accident procedures.
- School buses.
You’ll also find practice questions within the manual, some of which you may see on the actual CDL written exam. For additional study questions, take an online CDL practice test.
Before you apply for a DE motorcycle license, you’ll need to study the Delaware Motorcycle Operator Manual to make sure you’re ready to take the written exam. Topics include:
- How to obtain your motorcycle license in Delaware.
- DE motorcycle skills test.
- Carrying passengers.
- Basic vehicle control.
- Avoiding traffic collisions.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Flying objects.
To test you knowledge before taking the actual DE DMV motorcycle exam, try passing an online practice test.
The Delaware DMV also provides the following vehicle and driver manuals:
- The Parents Supervised Driving Program 2013.
- Senior Driver Guide (also in Spanish).
- Farm Manual.
- Dealership Manual.
- Guidelines for New Residents (also in Spanish).
- Vehicle Inspection Manual.
If you have any questions regarding any of these manuals, please contact the Delaware DMV directly.
Browse the Delaware Vehicle Code for specific details about the laws related to traffic tickets, vehicle registration, title certificates, driver’s licensing, and more.
This information can help you build a case if you’re planning to fight a traffic ticket in court.Other Topics in This Section