Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Name Change in Delaware

    Delaware Name Change Package - $29.95

    Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Delaware. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.

    Get Started

    Continue »

    Name Change Package
    Includes Forms for:

    • Drivers License
    • Vehicle Title
    • Registration
    • IRS
    • Voter Registration
    • US Passport
    • Bank Notification
    • Credit Card Notification
    • Insurance Notification

    Changing Your Name on Your Driver's License and ID Cards

    Delaware requires you to notify the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 30 days when your name changes. You'll need to visit your local DMV office in person, and bring along your current valid driver's license or ID and a certified copy of the reason for your name change―marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order.

    Before going to the office, update your information with the Social Security Administration. Visit the Social Security site for instructions on how to change your name with the agency. After the receipt of your application the Social Security Administration will send you your new card.

    The fee to change your driver's license at the Division of Motor Vehicles is $1.15.

    Be sure to change your name on your driver's license first, because the DMV will require the new license reflecting the name change to issue new registration and title documents.

    Changing Your Name on Registration and Title Certificates

    To change your name on your vehicle registration and title, you'll need to present a copy of your current title and registration card, proof of insurance, and your current driver's license with your new name―along with the certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court document ordering the change. You must do so within 30 days. The fee for a new registration and title is $25.

    If your vehicle has a lien, you'll need to pick up Form MV35 at your local DMV office to complete and submit to your lienholder, who will mail it back to the DMV. The DMV will then notify when the new title has been received. To complete the transaction, bring the required documents listed in your notification to your DMV office. You'll pay a $35 fee for a new title and this fee does not include any other charges for changes or renewals.

    Other Topics in This Section