Boat Registration and Licenses in DelawareGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
- Every boat
- Every vessel
- Jet Skis
- Surf jets
- Ski craft
- Other personal craft
If they are intended to be operated on Delaware's waterways.
- Non-resident boats and other vessels used or stowed on Delaware's waterways for 60 days or less.
The registration procedure varies according to a few factors, as outlined in the application form. However, most boaters will need to do the following:
- Complete the application.
- Locate your bill of sale.
- Bring the pertinent fee.
- Take the necessary paperwork to the Delaware Boat Registration License Agency.
- You may also mail the required documents and fee to:
- Division of Fish & Wildlife
- Boat Registration
- 89 Kings Highway
- Dover, DE 19901
You can choose either an annual or a 3 year registration.
Fees vary, depending on the length of the boat and the length of registration:
- Class A: Less than 16': $10
- Class 1: 16 ft to 26 ft: $20
- Class 2: 26 ft to 40 ft: $30
- Class 3: 40 ft 65 ft: $50
- Class 4: 65 ft and longer: $60
- Class A: Less than 16: $30
- Class 1: 16 ft to 26 ft: $60
- Class 2: 26 ft to 40 ft: $90
- Class 3: 40 ft to 65 ft: $150
- Class 4: 65 and longer: $180
To renew online:
- Go to the renewal site.
- Enter your hull ID number.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your payment information.
- Finish the checkout procedure.
Renew your registration in person by visiting a Delaware Boat Registration License Agency with your current registration card or receipt and your registration fee.
Send your renewal form and fee payment to the address indicated on your renewal form.
Replace Lost Registration
Call (302) 739-9916 to receive a duplicate registration. You'll need to supply your boat information. Replacement registrations cost $2.30.
Anyone born after January 1, 1978 who wants to operate a motorized boat must be licensed. This includes personal watercraft, such as Jet Skis.
To obtain a license, you'll need to successfully completed an approved boater safety course.
Courses such as those offered by BoaterExam.com allow you to fulfill the licensing requirements mandated by the state.
Times and fees for the courses vary with the provider.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.