Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Connecticut
Hiring a traffic ticket attorney can be a step towards winning a traffic ticket case. Considering the costs of consequences linked to traffic violation convictions, it can be easy to see why you should hire a traffic ticket lawyer. When you are ready to hire, use our tips for hiring an attorney to guide you.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
If you receive a traffic ticket, you may be a little confused about how to handle it. While most people choose to simply pay their traffic ticket fines, you may want to fight your ticket to avoid the potential consequences.
You can increase you chances of winning your traffic ticket challenge by hiring a traffic ticket lawyer. Continue reading to learn more about traffic ticket attorneys in Connecticut.
Hiring a CT Traffic Ticket Attorney
By having a traffic ticket attorney, you will have an experienced and knowledgeable expert who can help you handle your ticket.
In Connecticut you can respond to a ticket by:
- Paying the ticket - This will result in a plea of no contest, which is similar to a guilty plea.
- Plead not guilty - This will result in a court hearing.
Should you choose to plead not guilty, your traffic ticket attorney can help you with your ticket by representing you in court and potentially getting your charges dropped or reduced. If you succeed, you can avoid the penalties associated with your ticket.
Why You Should Hire a Traffic Ticket Lawyer
For a better understanding of the benefits of hiring a traffic ticket attorney, you should learn more about what it means to be convicted of a traffic violation.
In addition to costly fines, a Connecticut traffic violation conviction can lead to the following:
- Points on your driving record - An excess of points can lead to additional penalties.
- Suspension of your driver's license - Some major violations, such as DUI, can lead to the automatic suspension of your driver's license.
- A large increase in your car insurance rates - Your car insurance rates can increase by hundreds of dollars just by having one traffic violation on your driving record.
Your traffic ticket attorney will work to help you avoid these consequences.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
As you search for your CT traffic ticket attorney, use these following tips to help ensure you hire the right attorney for you:
- Check credentials - Make sure your attorney is licensed to practice law in Connecticut.
- Hire someone local to the area where your ticket was written.
- Research the attorney's background and experience and check:
- Client feedback.
- Ask friends and family for recommendations.