Replacing a Lost CDL in Connecticut
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
To replace a Connecticut commercial driver's license (CDL) that has been lost, stolen or damaged, you must:
- Go to your nearest DMV full service office, satellite office or photo license center.
- Provide two forms of acceptable ID.
- Submit a completed Application for Duplicate of Current Driver's License or Permit (form 1-B).
- Pay a $30 replacement fee.
While at the DMV, if you cannot provide the appropriate ID, you can apply for a 10-day temporary license. This gives you 10 days to obtain the proper ID and return to the DMV with the correct ID.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.