Renewing Your CDL in ConnecticutCompare Commercial Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
A Connecticut commercial driver's license (CDL) is good for 4 years. Before your renewal date you should receive a renewal application from the Department of Motor Vehicles through the U.S. Mail. You need to renew your CDL in person at any Connecticut DMV full-service office. Bring the following items with you in order to complete the renewal process:
- Your current CDL (If you do not have your current CDL, you must present acceptable forms of identification.
- Original U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Certificate (completed and dated within 2 years of renewal).
- The renewal application form that you received in the mail.
- $70 ($118 if you have a public passenger endorsement or restriction).
If you have a hazmat endorsement, it's time to get a new background check. The procedure is not so much as a renewal as it is a whole new check; see Applying for a New CDL for full details.
You must self-certify your type of vehicle operation with the Connecticut DMV. This means you must self-certify one of the following driving categories:
- Non-Excepted Interstate
- Excepted Interstate
- Non-Excepted Intrastate
- Excepted Intrastate
If you choose Non-Excepted Interstate, you must provide the DMV with a federal medical certificate.Other Topics in This SectionCompare Commercial Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸