Online Services in Connecticut
In Connecticut, you can save yourself some time by using a number of online driver and vehicle services. Keep reading for information on all of your options when it comes to CT online services.
Online CT Vehicle Services
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Here at DMV.org, we also connect you to third-party vendors (not affiliated with the government) offering time-saving services. From renewing your registration to buying motorcycle insurance, there are a large number of vehicle-related tasks you can complete without ever leaving home.
Connecticut DMV Online Vehicle Services
You can use the CT Department of Motor Vehicles' online service options to:
- Renew your registration.
- Cancel registration and license plates.
- Check registration status.
- Reprint your registration certificate.
- Replace damaged license plates.
- Order vanity license plates.
- Check the compliance status of your vehicle's:
- Emissions test.
- Property tax.
- Insurance coverage.
Private Vendor Online Vehicle Services
A private vendor can assist you with services not provided by Connecticut's DMV, including:
- Searching for auto insurance.
- Get a straightforward comparison of all the insurance plans and rates available to you.
- Choosing a motorcycle insurance provider.
- Protect your motorcycle and wallet by comparing a number of trustworthy insurance providers offering competitive pricing.
- Extending your vehicle's warranty.
- For some added peace of mind, consider buying an extended warranty on your vehicle.
- Ordering a VIN check.
Online CT License & Record Services
If you need to make changes to your license or request public records, you can now conveniently do so online. Both the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles and private companies offer assistance regarding Connecticut licenses and records.
Connecticut DMV Online Services
Using the CT Department of Motor Vehicles' online services, you can request:
- The status of your CT driver's license.
- To pay driver's license suspension fees.
- CDL credentials.
- CDL self-certification.
- Connecticut court records.
Third Party License & Record Services
Third party companies will allow you to request the following items in a timelier manner than the DMV:
- Background checks.
- Whether you're hiring a new babysitter or financial advisor, conducting a background check will ensure you're making a safe decision.
- Vital records.
- A private company can be your one-stop-shop for all kinds of vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Court records.
- Use a third party vendor for quick and easy access to information about past court cases.
- Driving records.
- If you need access to driving records, use a private company for the fastest results.
- Name change.
- A private vendor can ensure your name's officially changed across several government agencies with a single request.
- Expedited passport.
- When you need to leave the country on short notice, you can rely on a third party company to process your passport on time.
- International Driver's Permit (IDP).
- Before driving abroad, make sure you have an IDP to translate your American license into terms other countries' law enforcement officers can understand.
Online CT Driver's Ed Services
The Connecticut DMV doesn't offer Driver's Ed services online; however, you can still get a lot done through private vendors. A third-party company can help with most of your driver's education needs, including:
- Study tools for permit and license exams:
- Online teen driver prep course.
- Adult online Driver's Ed.
- Practice tests and study guides for:
CT Traffic Ticket & Legal Services
The CT Department of Motor Vehicles allows you to pay for traffic infraction tickets using their online services. You can use third-party vendors to make other traffic ticket and legal-related requests, like:
- Finding a DUI lawyer.
- When facing DUI charges, make sure you're equipped with the most competent (and affordable) lawyer you can find.
- Hiring a traffic ticket attorney.
- If you decide to fight a traffic ticket, have a knowledgeable attorney at your side.
- Identity theft protection.
- Protecting your identity is one of the most important investments you can make to ensure a successful and stress-free future.
Miscellaneous CT DMV Online Services
If you could not find what you needed above, don't fret! Instead, take a look at the rest of the online services the CT Department of Motor Vehicles offers:
- Schedule an appointment at the DMV.
- Check the wait times at your local DMV.
- Make International Registration Plan (IRP) payments (for commercial drivers).
- Pay late emissions test fees.
- Register to vote.