- Location: Connecticut
Forms in ConnecticutCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
While it may not be the most Internet savvy state just yet, it's not true that the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles offers no online services through its website. It does, however, offer fewer online services overall, especially compared to other New England states. If you want to apply for a driver's license in Connecticut―commercial or non-commercial―you can't apply online, but you can go to any of the following Web pages to request an application:
- Request an application for a learner's permit
- Request an application for a commercial driver's license
Once the DMV receives the request, an application will be mailed to you.
NOTE: TheApplication for a Non-Commercial Learner Permit and/or Driver's License (form R-229) can be downloaded online and completed before bringing into your DMV office.
Most of the forms listed below are in PDF format, which can be read by Adobe Acrobat Reader. The easiest way to use these forms is to fill them out online and then print them, although they can also be printed out and completed by hand or with a typewriter.
- Application for Duplicate of Current Driver's License or Permit (form 1B).
- Certificate of Parental Consent (form 2D).
- Application for Special Permit to Drive to and from Work (form A62).
- Change of Address (form B58).
- Application for Waiver of Operator License Fee Because of Active Service in U.S.Armed Forces (B88)
- Connecticut Identification Card Requirements and Application (form B230).
- Change of Name or Name Correction Request (form E78).
- Application to Obtain an Auto Club License (form K2).
- Voluntary Surrender or Downgrade of Operator License (form P147).
- Attorney Appearance sheet (form P163).
- Affidavit for Not Surrendering an Operator's License from a Foreign State (form Q12).
- Application for Public Passenger Endorsement (form R7).
Similar to the set-up with driver's license forms, you can request the following Connecticut registration forms online and have the forms mailed to you:
- Replacement for identical registration form
- Registration refund form
- Registration application
- Application for duplicate certificate of title
- Supplemental assignment of ownership and bill of sale
Most of the forms listed below are PDF, which can be read by Adobe Acrobat Reader. The easiest way to use these forms is to fill them out online and then print them out, although they can also be printed out and completed by hand or with a typewriter.
- Motor Vehicle and Vessel Gift Declaration (AU-463).
- Application for Amateur Radio Call Letter License Plates (form B6).
- Change of Address and Organ/Tissue Donor Status (form B58).
- Certificate of Exemption from Connecticut Insurance Card Law (form B200).
- Special Mobile Equipment Affidavit (form B215).
- Application for Waiver of Registration Fee for Someone in U.S. Military (form B276).
- Registration Affidavit (B301)
- Request for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Registration (B341).
- No Fee Affidavit for Registration (E22).
- Farm Registration Certification (E110).
- Lost or Stolen Marker Plates (E159).
- Affidavit of Repossession (H30).
- Bill of Sale (H31).
- Attestation of Transfer Notification to Joint Owner (H119).
- Special Order Plate Application (M22).
- Attorney Appearance Sheet (P163).
- Inspection Requirements for Composite Motor Vehicles (R157).
- Insurance Compliance Consent Agreement (SR37).
- Copy Records Request (SR37).