DMV Forms in ConnecticutPage Overview
While it may not be the most Internet savvy state just yet, it's not true that the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles offers no online services through its website. It does, however, offer fewer online services overall, especially compared to other New England states. If you want to apply for a driver's license in Connecticut ― commercial or non-commercial ― you can't apply online, but you can go to any of the following Web pages to request an application:
- Request an application for a learner's permit
- Request an application for a commercial driver's license
Once the DMV receives the request, an application will be mailed to you.
NOTE: The Application for a Non-Commercial Learner Permit and/or Driver's License (Form R-229) can be downloaded online and completed before bringing into your DMV office.
Most of the forms listed below are in PDF format, which can be read by Adobe Acrobat Reader. The easiest way to use these forms is to fill them out online and then print them, although they can also be printed out and completed by hand or with a typewriter.
- Application for Duplicate of Current Driver's License or Permit (Form 1-B).
- Certificate of Parental Consent (Form 2D).
- Application for Special Permit to Drive to and from Work (Form A-62).
- Change of Address (Form B-58).
- Application for Waiver of Operator License Fee Because of Active Service in U.S.Armed Forces (Form B-88)
- Connecticut Identification Card Requirements and Application (Form B-230).
- Change of Name or Name Correction Request (Form E-78).
- Application to Obtain an Auto Club License (Form K-2).
- Voluntary Surrender or Downgrade of Operator License (Form P-147).
- Attorney Appearance sheet (Form P-163).
- Affidavit for Not Surrendering an Operator's License from a Foreign State (Form Q-12).
- Application for Public Passenger Endorsement (Form R-7).
Similar to the set-up with driver's license forms, you can request the following Connecticut registration forms online and have the forms mailed to you:
- Replacement for identical registration form
- Registration refund form
- Registration application
- Application for duplicate certificate of title
- Supplemental assignment of ownership and bill of sale
Most of the forms listed below are PDF, which can be read by Adobe Acrobat Reader. The easiest way to use these forms is to fill them out online and then print them out, although they can also be printed out and completed by hand or with a typewriter.
- Motor Vehicle and Vessel Gift Declaration (Form AU-463).
- Application for Amateur Radio Call Letter License Plates (Form B-6).
- Change of Address and Organ/Tissue Donor Status (Form B-58).
- Certificate of Exemption from Connecticut Insurance Card Law (Form B-200).
- Special Mobile Equipment Affidavit (Form B-215).
- Application for Waiver of Registration Fee for Someone in U.S. Military (Form B-276).
- Registration Affidavit (Form B-301)
- Request for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Registration (Form B-301).
- No Fee Affidavit for Registration (Form E-22).
- Farm Registration Certification (Form E-110).
- Lost or Stolen Marker Plates (Form E-159).
- Affidavit of Repossession (Form H-30).
- Bill of Sale (Form H-31).
- Attestation of Transfer Notification to Joint Owner (Form H-119).
- Special Order Plate Application (Form M-22).
- Attorney Appearance Sheet (Form P-163).
- Inspection Requirements for Composite Motor Vehicles (Form R-157).
- Insurance Compliance Consent Agreement (Form SR-37).
- Copy Records Request (Form J-23).
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section