Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Name Change in Connecticut

    Connecticut Name Change Package - $29.95

    Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Connecticut. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.

    Get Started

    Continue »

    Name Change Package
    Includes Forms for:

    • Drivers License
    • Vehicle Title
    • Registration
    • IRS
    • Voter Registration
    • US Passport
    • Bank Notification
    • Credit Card Notification
    • Insurance Notification

    Notify the DMV

    If you change your name, you will need to update the information on your driver's license (or ID card), vehicle registration, and title. You can make a name change at any full-service DMV office.

    On Your Driver's License or ID Card

    You must fill out a Change of Name Request (Form E-78), show your current driver's license or ID card, and present certified documents that show your name change, such as a marriage license or divorce decree. Photo copies and religious certificates are excluded. The service is $30.

    On Your Registration Card

    For a name change on a registration, you must fill out a Registration Affidavit (Form B-301). You also will be asked to show certified documents with your new name. If you don't surrender your current registration, the service is $20.

    On Your Title

    If you want to change your name on a vehicle title, you need to complete and sign an Application for Registration and Certificate of Title(Form H-13). Take the form, along with the original title, to a DMV branch office. Write your new name on the title's reverse side and sign it as the vehicle owner.

    You also need to take:

    • Your vehicle registration card.
    • Marriage license, divorce decree, or other certified documents showing the name change.
    • Your updated Connecticut Insurance Identification Card that has your new name.
    • Your updated driver's license that has your new name.

    If you have a non-titled vehicle―manufactured before 1981―a Supplemental Assignment of Ownership (Form Q-1) needs to be filled out.

    If you don't turn in your registration, you will be charged $20.

    Have a Lien?

    If you are still making car payments, there is an additional step. You need to obtain a release for name change only from your lender, and bring it to the DMV along with the other documents.

    Other Topics in This Section