- Location: Colorado
Special Licenses in ColoradoPage Overview
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have a school bus endorsement.
- Must submit to an annual check on your driver's record.
- Must have pre-service bus training.
- Must annually participate in six hours of in-service training.
- Must pass annual driving performance test.
- Must pass annual bus-related written test.
- Must own a current first aid certificate.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation sanctioned physical.
You can access more detailed information in Colorado's School Bus Manual found on DMV.org's appropriately titled Manuals page.
Requirements vary with municipality. In Denver, for example, you must pay a $50 application fee, and then $25 annually to renew the license. In Colorado Springs, it only costs $15, but there's a $20 background check and $95 license fee. Regardless of where you apply you will, however, be required to submit fingerprints. For exact information for your area, contact your local county clerk.
Taxi information for some of Colorado's larger municipalities:
No special license is required to operate a shuttle van. Each shuttle service does, however, maintain its own requirements, ranging from age, to the ability to lift certain weights, to company training.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- Especially for You: Information on Special Licenses
- Operating a Snow Mobile: Special Driver Licenses, Training, and Age Requirements
- What is a Special License, and Do You Need One?
- Driving All-Terrain Vehicles: Special Licenses, Training, and More for ATVs
- Special License Requirements: When and How to Apply for a Special License