Special Licenses in ColoradoPage Overview
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have a school bus endorsement.
- Must submit to an annual check on your driver's record.
- Must have pre-service bus training.
- Must annually participate in 6 hours of in-service training.
- Must pass annual driving performance test.
- Must pass annual bus-related written test.
- Must own a current first aid certificate.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation sanctioned physical.
You can access more detailed information in Colorado's School Bus Manual found on DMV.org's appropriately titled Manuals page.
Requirements vary with municipality. In Denver, for example, you must pay a $50 application fee, and then $25 annually to renew the license. In Colorado Springs, it only costs $15, but there's a $20 background check and $95 license fee. Regardless of where you apply you will, however, be required to submit fingerprints. For exact information for your area, contact your local county clerk.
Taxi information for some of Colorado's larger municipalities:
No special license is required to operate a shuttle van. Each shuttle service does, however, maintain its own requirements, ranging from age, to the ability to lift certain weights, to company training.Other Topics in This SectionOrgan Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸