Replacing a Lost CDL in Colorado
Apply for a replacement commercial driver's license in person with the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Be prepared to provide proof of identity and address as well as pay the applicable fee.
It's illegal to drive a commercial vehicle without a valid CDL, so apply for your replacement as soon as possible. Also, because identity thieves thrive on identification documents, report your lost CDL to local and state law enforcement agencies.
Ordering a CO Duplicate CDL
The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) handles all commercial driver's license matters.
Required Documents to Replace a CDL
When you arrive at the Colorado DMV to replace your CO commercial driver's license, be prepared to provide:
- Your name and date of birth.
- Proof of your Social Security number.
- Proof of your physical address in Colorado.
- See the state's list of accepted documents.
- Additional identity documents (if applicable).
Fee to Replace a Lost CO CDL
Your applicable replacement CDL fee depends on how many replacements you've ordered:
- $9 if this is your first duplicate CDL.
- $16 if this is a subsequent (i.e. not your first) replacement CDL.