DMV Practice Tests in Colorado
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
|Driver Permit Test Packages||
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test|
|State Specific Questions||-|
|State Driver Preparation Course||-||-||-|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
You may need to study and take an online DMV practice test before taking the actual Colorado DMV written exam. Our practices tests are helpful whether you're applying for your learner's permit, CO driver's license (e.g., regular Class R, motorcycle license, commercial driver's license), and/or adding an endorsement to your CDL.
Keep reading to learn more about CO DMV practice tests.
Colorado DMV Practice Tests & Study Resources
The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires you to pass a written test to obtain your learner's permit or driver's license. After studying the CO Driver's Handbook, you may want to attempt to pass any of the following DMV practice tests:
- Colorado learner's permit.
- Regular Colorado driver's license (Class R).
- The practice test is also offered in Spanish (examen de practica para la licencia).
- Road signs.
Other DMV Practice Tests
- CO motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) – Both the general CDL practice test and the CDL endorsement tests will get you ready to apply for your CDL permit.
Sample DMV Practice Test Questions
To get an idea of what you'll find on a Colorado DMV practice test, read through the following sample test questions.
Sample Test Question #1
In Colorado, you must wear a fastened safety belt if you are:
a) The driver.
b) A front seat passenger.
c) A child between the ages of 8 and 16 years old.
d) Any of the above.
Sample Test Question #2
If you're an adult, you're considered to be driving under the influence of alcohol if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is ___ or higher?
Sample Test Question #3
What must you do when you see a flashing yellow light?
a) Make a complete stop.
b) Slow down and proceed with caution.
c) Continue driving as normal.
About the CO DMV Written Exam
In Colorado, the basic written exam will test your knowledge of Colorado road rules and safe driving techniques. Once you have your learner's permit or driver's license, the CO DMV will not require you to take the written test again unless:
- Your driver's license has been expired for more than 1 year.
- Your license was suspended due to receiving a traffic ticket.
- You're applying for a different class of driver's license or adding an endorsement.
- Your driver's license was canceled, revoked, or denied.
Once you've studied the Colorado Driver's Manual, take an online DMV practice test to increase your chances of passing. You may want to make an appointment for your CO written test (mandatory if you cannot prove lawful presence in the U.S.).
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It’s like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle & CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee