Online Services in Colorado
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Colorado Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Colorado Motor Carrier Vehicle Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Colorado Online Services
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
If you live in scenic Colorado, you probably don't relish too much time spent cooped up inside. Fortunately, Colorado provides online driver and vehicle services so you can quickly get back to the great outdoors. For example, in some cases you might be eligible to renew your driver's license from the convenience of home. Read on for the state's full list.
Online Driver Services
Typically, driver services are handled through the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby CO DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Add an emergency contact to your CO driver's license online.
- Request your personal license reinstatement requirements online.
- Renew your CO driver's license online.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew your Colorado ID card online.
- Order a driving record.
- Pay your traffic ticket fines online.
- Update your mailing address online with the DMV.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a CO drivers license practice test.
- Take a CO drivers permit practice test.
- Take a CO commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a CO motorcycle license practice test.
- Enroll in a motorcycle safety course.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Colorado Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Colorado.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Online Vehicle Services
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby CO DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Colorado.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Renew your boat registration online.
- Obtain a Colorado license plate.
- Learn more on CO smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Colorado that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Centennial State.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Chrysler Caves, Recalls 2.7 Million Jeep Grand Cherokees and Liberty SUVs
- Chrysler Cold Shoulders Government’s Recall Request
- Driver Signs: A Zodiac Guide to Your Road Habits
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting