- Location: Colorado
Driver Handbook in ColoradoCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
The Colorado Department of Revenue's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) publishes numerous handbooks, available at no charge both from driver license offices and in digital format online. The books are specifically designed to educate drivers on the applicable safety practices, laws, and rules that pertain to them on state roads and highways.
The Colorado Driver Handbook offers a comprehensive overview on a multitude of subjects including: how to acquire a new or renew license; safe driving and mountain driving tips; rules of the road and a summary of standard road signs; sharing the road with other vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians and cyclists; and a synopsis of the driving test. The written test is comprised of questions from the material in this booklet. It is available in both English and Spanish versions.
- Colorado Driver Handbook, Spanish Version, Part 1
- Colorado Driver Handbook, Spanish Version, Part 2
- Colorado Driver Handbook, Spanish Version, Part 3
- Colorado Driver Handbook, Spanish Version, Part 4
The CDL Driving Manual is published to aid those seeking a commercial driver license (CDL) on an abundance of subjects including: procedures for applying for a CDL, definition of commercial vehicles, explanation of endorsements and vehicle class; safety practices, point system, rules of the road, and information on hazardous materials.
The handbooks are listed in multiple sections to expedite viewing on a computer. If you need Adobe reader you can download the latest version of the software.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard