Paperwork When Selling a Car in ColoradoCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
You must provide the buyer with the following:
- Colorado Certificate of Title―The document should be in your name (if there is more than one owner listed, all parties must sign off on the form). Fill in the information requested in the seller's box on the back of the title, sign, and print your name. Also, write in the address and name of the buyer.
- If you can't find your title, you'll need to order a replacement.
- A valid odometer reading is required.
- If the buyer resides in an emissions region, it is the seller's responsibility to provide a current inspection certificate.
- A bill of sale listing the buyer's name, agreed upon purchase amount, vehicle identification number (VIN), and the year and make of the vehicle.
Note: The seller will keep the license plates. The buyer is responsible for obtaining a temporary permit. Then complete the process to do a title transfer to get the car legally in your name.
The seller will need a bill of sale. For convenience sake, you can easily download one from our Bill of Sale page.Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸