DMV Appointments in Colorado
Registering a car?
It's a good time to check car insurance rates
Find the lowest rate among top providers.
The Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR) offers online scheduling services. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Visit the Colorado DMV website to schedule an appointment.
No appointment is needed to take the written test.
When applying for a Colorado drivers license, you must schedule an appointment for a road test with the CO DMV online appointment scheduler.
If you must pay a visit to the CO DOR, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
Other Topics in This Section
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday