- Location: Colorado
Appointments in ColoradoPage Overview
At this time, the Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR) does not offer any online scheduling services. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
No appointment is needed to take the written test. However, note that no written test will be given after 4:15 p.m. in those branches that have 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. office hours.
When applying for a Colorado drivers license, you must schedule an appointment for a road test by phone. Simply call your nearest branch during office hours. Please note that road tests are NOT scheduled past 3:45 p.m. and you should arrive 20 minutes early at those branches that have office hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. as your test will be cancelled and you will have to reschedule if you are late.
If you must pay a visit to the CO DOR, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday