RV & Motorhome Registration in California
Approved and contracted by the state, Cartagz provides a quick and easy alternative to standing in long lines at the DMV. For $29 (plus DMV fees), you can painlessly renew your registration in just a few simple steps.
Renew Your California Vehicle Registration Today!
Official California Vehicle Registration & Stickers Issued.
Overnight Delivery Available.
Renew your California Vehicle Registration online and Cartagz will instantly issue your official California registration and stickers.
California Car Registration Online with CarTagz
- Saves you a trip to the DMV
- Helps you avoid late fees
- Offers next business day delivery
- Does not require a renewal notice
- Same Day E-Copy of Your New Registration Card.
Registering a motor home or recreational vehicle in California is just like registering a car. Be sure to register it within 10 days with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Completed Application for Title or Registration
- Proof of ownership, such as Certificate of Title OR Application for Duplicate Title. If you got a loan, you won't have this.
- Smog certification (depending on the age of the vehicle)
- Transfer fee of $15
- Registration fee of $34
- use tax
- Additional registration and Vehicle License Fees
Use the registration fee calculator to estimate your fees before heading to the DMV.
Motor homes and RVs between six and 30 years old require smog certification. Diesel-powered RVs are exempt.
Depending on the county you live in, you might be required to submit a new smog certificate to the DMV every two years, when you renew your registration.
Check the California DMV smog certification page to find out more about the smog requirements for your vehicle. If you need to get your RV smogged, be sure to confirm with the inspection station ahead of time that they can accommodate your larger vehicle.
If your RV or motor home is sitting in your driveway inoperable, you can register it as nonoperational.
The DMV has a nonoperation registration renewal brochure with more information. The fee to register a vehicle as inoperable is $16.
The DMV provides a handy checklist on what's required.
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.