Replacing a Lost Registration in California
Replace Your Lost California Vehicle Registration Today!
Official California Vehicle Registration & Stickers Issued.
Overnight Delivery Available.
Replace your lost California Vehicle Registration online and Cartagz will instantly issue your official California registration and stickers.
California Car Registration Online with CarTagz
- Saves you a trip to the DMV
- Helps you avoid late fees
- Offers next business day delivery
- Does not require a renewal notice
- Same Day E-Copy of Your New Registration Card.
Approved and contracted by the state, Cartagz provides a quick and easy alternative to standing in long lines at the DMV. For $29 (plus DMV fees), you can painlessly renew your registration in just a few simple steps.
The process to replace a registration card, registration sticker, or license plate is the same for each item.
Whether the previous item was lost, stolen, or destroyed, fill out the Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, Documents (REG 156).
Be sure to include your:
- Full name
- Current address
- Vehicle license plate number
- Driver license number
Note that if you're applying for a replacement license plate:
- You must return the remains of your damaged plate to the DMV.
- You must file a report with law enforcement if your plates were stolen.
You may submit the application in person by making an appointment at your local DMV, or through the mail at:
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- P.O. Box 942869
- Sacramento, CA 94269-0001
Do not forget to include the fee of $20. Fees may vary.
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback