Forms in CaliforniaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
Anytime you conduct business with the California DMV, it is likely that you will need to fill out some forms. Many of those forms are available in PDF format so you can download the document and fill it out before mailing it or taking it into the DMV. All you need is the free Acrobat Reader software from Adobe.
Some identity-sensitive forms cannot be obtained online because the documents themselves are controlled and tracked with individual barcodes. Those forms must be filled out in person at the DMV or you can request a copy be sent to you by calling DMV’s Automated Telephone Service at (800) 777-0133.
- Notice of Change of Address (DMV 14).
- Report of Traffic Accident Occurring in California (SR 1).
- Application for Non-Commercial Restricted Driver License for Financial Responsibility Actions (DL 691).
- Driver License Record Correction Request (DL 207).
- Physician’s Health Report (DL 546A).
- Report of Vision Examination (DL 62).
- California Driver License Renewal by Mail Eligibility Information (DL 410 FO).
- Request for Cancellation or Surrender of a Driver License or Identification Card (DL 142).
- Requests for National Driver Register (NDR) Record Checks (INF 1301A).
- Application for Critical Need Restriction (DS 694).
- Application for Title or Registration(REG 343).
- Application for Duplicate or Paperless Title (REG 227).
- Statement of Facts (to waive title tax for in-family transfers of vehicles) (REG 256).
- Certificate of Non-Operation(REG 102).
- Affidavit of Non-Use (REG 5090).
- Power of Attorney (REG 260).
- Vehicle Emission System Statement (REG 139).
- Application for Vehicle License Fee Refund (REG 65).
- Application for Registration Number, Certificate of Ownership, and Certificate of Number for Undocumented Vessel (BOAT 101).
- Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, Documents (REG 156).
- Application for Disabled Parking Placard(REG 195).
- Disabled Person or Disabled Veteran License Plates (REG 3060).
- Special Interest License Plate Application (REG 17).
- Year of Manufacture (YOM) License Plate Application (REG 352).
- Medical Examination Report (DL 51).
- Application for Motor Carrier Permit(MC 706 M).
- 10-Year History Record Check (DL 939)
- Bill of Sale (REG 135) or download a generic form from one of our sponsors.
- Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability downloadable form (REG 138) or online form.
To make finding information even easier, the DMV also has a series of "Fast Facts" and other publications designed to answer basic questions about driver licensing, motor vehicle registration, and other topics.Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸