Forms in California
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Anytime you conduct business with the California DMV it is likely that you will need to fill out some forms. Many of those forms are available in PDF format so you can download the document and fill it out before mailing it or taking it into the DMV. All you need is the free Acrobat Reader software from Adobe.
Some identity sensitive forms cannot be obtained online because the documents themselves are controlled and tracked with individual barcodes. Those forms must be filled out in person at the DMV or you can request a copy be sent to you by calling DMV’s Automated Telephone Service at (800) 777-0133.
- Traffic Accident Report (SR 1)
- Application for Non-Commercial Restricted Driver License for Financial Responsibility Actions (PDF DL 691)
- Driver License Record Correction Request (PDF DL 207)
- Physician’s Health Report (PDF DL 546A)
- Report of Vision Examination (DL 62)
- Driver License Renewal by Mail Eligibility Form (PDF DL 410 FO)
- Application for Critical Need Restriction (PDF DS 694 Restricted License)
- Application for Copy of Title (Reg 227)
- Statement of Facts (REG 256 to waive title tax for in-family transfers of vehicles)
- Affidavit of Non-Use (Reg 5090)
- Power of Attorney (Reg 260)
- Vehicle Emission System Statement (Smog REG 139)
- Boat registration (BOAT 101 PDF)
- Vehicle License Fee Refund (Reg 65 PDF)
- Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, Documents (PDF REG 156)
- Disabled Person or Disabled Veteran License Plates (PDF REG 3060)
- Special Interest License Plate Application (PDF REG 17)
- Special License Plate Application (PDF REG 17A)
- Year of Manufacture (YOM) License Plate Application (VC Section 5004.1) (PDF REG 352)
- Exempt License Plate Request (PDF REG 5050)
- Medical Examination Report (commercial drivers DOT physical)
- 10-Year History Record Check (DL939)
To make finding information even easier, the DMV also has a series of "Fast Facts" and "How-To" brochures designed to answer basic questions about driver licensing, motor vehicle registration, and other topics.
Download any of the Fast Facts or How-To brochures on driver licensing or the senior publication or vehicle registration, as well as miscellaneous brochures on such topics as ordering large quantities of DMV forms, obtaining DMV records, and information pertaining to service animals.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback