DMV Appointments in California
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers an Online Appointment System for scheduling driver- and vehicle-related services. Before you visit a branch office, save yourself some time by booking any CA DMV appointments.
Services Covered by the DMV Appointment System
You can use the online system to make an appointment for the following tasks:
- Take the behind-the-wheel driving tests* to obtain an automobile (Class C ) or motorcycle license
- Apply for, replace or renew a CA driver's license, ID card or instruction (learner) permit
- Register or title a vehicle or vessel (boat)
- Order special license plates
- Request driver license or vehicle registration records
*You can also schedule a road test appointment by calling (800) 777-0133.
Visit the state site for a full list of services and additional information. The options offered by the online system allow you to:
- Make a behind-the wheel driving test appointment.*
- Make a DMV office appointment.
- View or cancel an existing appointment.
* For CDL driving test appointments, see the section below. The online system doesn't handle these.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Services NOT Covered by the DMV Appointment System
Drivers needing to take the commercial behind-the-wheel driving test CANNOT schedule an appointment using the online system. Instead, you must call (800) 777-0133 during normal business hours. An agent can schedule your driving test or discuss alternative methods for taking the written driver license exam.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the CA DMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.