Used Car Vehicle History Report
Buying a Used Car?
Get the complete vehicle history including mileage check, title information and accidents.
AutoCheck® vehicle history reports include more accident information than every before so you won't have to wonder later on whether you bought the right car.
Vehicle History Report $29.99
Get an accurate Vehicle History Report for any car, truck or van before you purchase your next used vehicle.
Each Vehicle History Report Includes:
- Fire Damage
- Rolled Back
- Exceeds Limits
- Suspect Mileage
- Frame Damage
- Salvage Auction
- Water Damage
- Police / Taxi Use
- Fleet Vehicle
Already purchased a single Vehicle History Report, Unlimited Vehicle History Reports, or TitleGuard with Unlimited Vehicle History Reports? Log-In Here ».Obtaining a vehicle history report (also known as a VIN check, VIN report and car history report) for a used car is as important as a test drive. VIN checks are the vehicular equivalents of DNA. Through it, you can learn a targeted vehicle's entire past, giving you insight on whether the buyer you're dealing with is trustworthy, allowing you to assess and negotiate with confidence and peace of mind.
A VHR lowers the risk when buying. It forces sellers to be honest because all car details are revealed. Many sellers, dealers and private parties now include these reports in their sales pitches as a means of establishing their honesty and as proof they're selling at a fair market price.
In a VHR:
- Whether the vehicle was ever deemed a lemon.
- The vehicle's accident history.
- If the vehicle ever incurred frame damage.
- If the vehicle ever sustained flood damage.
- If the vehicle was ever declared a total loss.
- How many times the airbags were deployed.
- If the vehicle's odometer has been altered.
- If the vehicle was ever used as a rental.
- If the vehicle was ever used as a taxi or shuttle car.
- How many owners a car has had.
- The vehicle's available service record history.
The information is thorough. Car history report companies harvest information from a network of sources including fire and police departments, auto repair shops, auto auctions and motor vehicle agencies.
Exercise caution if any of following red flags appear on your VIN report:
- Odometer Tampering―Most car experts advise to walk away, no matter how enticing the price, from any vehicle with an altered odometer.
- Failed Emission Tests―If you reside in an area requiring emission inspections, you'll be facing a hefty repair bill to make the vehicle street legal.
- Proof of Major Accident―Hidden costly damages, like cracked frames, are common.
- Salvaged Vehicles―Come with no guarantees; can be mechanical breakdowns waiting to happen.
- Flood Damage―Potential engine damage difficult to detect.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback