Dealer Versus Private Party PurchasesGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
- Dealers must adhere to stringent operating/selling procedures. This means you're less likely to be cheated or burdened with a lemon.
- Dealers provide warranties.
- Dealers offer financing options.
- Dealers can be easily contacted should problems arise.
- Vehicles are inspected by certified trained technicians.
- Dealers offer certified cars.
- More room for price negotiating.
- No high-pressure sales pitches.
- Lower prices.
- Higher prices.
- Must deal with professional sales teams, reliant upon commissions.
- Dealing with an unknown person, not bound to Federal Trade Commission rules.
- No warranties.
- No trade options.
- You must complete and submit most of the paperwork yourself.
- Limited to seller's time schedule for inspecting vehicle.