New Car Taxes and Fees
Purchasing a new vehicle is a huge investment. You must, before buying, be aware of all extra costs including insurance, maintenance, registration, titling and new car fees and taxes. Otherwise, you risk receiving surprise bills, causing your carefully calculated car-budget to get out of whack.
This bears especially true with the often overlooked auto sales tax. Because they vary from state to state, new and used car sales tax is difficult to pinpoint and follow. Unless you take advantage of our fee calculator below.
Online sales tax and fee calculators will give you an estimate of what you'll pay when buying a new car. Keep in mind calculation factors vary by state. It's best to use a sales tax calculator specific to where you'll be purchasing the vehicle to ensure you budget properly.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Local DMV Office