DMV Practice Tests in Arizona
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
|Driver Permit Test Packages||
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test|
|State Specific Questions||-|
|State Driver Preparation Course||-||-||-|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
By taking practice tests before you take your written knowledge test at the DMV, you'll be able to go into your exam with full confidence that you have the knowledge you need to ace it. Learn all about the benefits of practice tests, the types of tests available, and other study materials that can help you.
By taking practice tests before you take your written knowledge test at the Motor Vehicle Division, you'll be able to go into your exam with full confidence that you have the knowledge you need to ace it. Learn all about the benefits of practice tests, the types of tests available, and other study materials that can help you.
Benefits of Practice Tests
You've probably heard the saying "practice makes perfect." It's true; the more you practice a skill, the better you'll be at executing that skill. This also hold true for tests.
When you take a practice test, you're better prepared for the real thing. And because these practice tests are created from information that you'll find in the Arizona MVD handbook, you'll know you're heading into your exam with the need-to-know information.
Practice Tests for Passenger Licenses
Whether you're a new driver or an adult driver who has to take the written exam again—e.g., if you're reinstating your license after a suspension—you can benefit from studying up with one of the following practice test modules:
- Learner's Permit. These tests are geared toward very new drivers seeking their instruction permit.
- Driver's License. These tests are great for new drivers seeking a license or drivers who've had a license but need to retest and could use a refresher.
- Road Signs. You're bound to see questions regarding road signs on your written exam. This test will help you get familiar with the varying signs you'll see on the road.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licensia (Practice Tests in Spanish). Here, you'll find all the information you'd find on the license test but in Spanish.
What You'll Learn
When you take a written MVD permit or license exam in Arizona, you'll be tested on a variety of driving laws and operation procedures.
Your practice test will provide with an array of questions and answers on varying topics your test may cover, including:
- Vehicle safety.
- Defensive driving.
- Vehicle positioning.
- Signaling and communicating to other drivers.
- Entering and exiting the freeway.
- Road signage.
- Lane use.
- Sharing the road.
- Accident and emergency procedures.
Types of Questions to Expect
The MVD written exams are tricky – on purpose. They want you to fully understand and know the laws and rules in Arizona. And you'll be expected to answer questions regarding a variety of topics so you may see questions like the following:
What should you do when you change lanes?
- Decrease your speed.
- Look at your rearview mirror.
- Check your blind spot before merging.
When can you turn left on red?
- When you're switching from a two-way road to a one-way road.
- When you're switching from a one-way road to a two-way road.
- When you're going from a one-way road to a one-way road.
Your practice test and other supplements will help you answer questions like these with confidence and ensure you won't have to reschedule for another time.
Other Practice Tests and Study Resources
Several other practice tests and study materials are available in Arizona. Pick and choose from the following to suit your personal needs and desired license type:
- Motorcycle License. This test will present questions specific to the rules of motorcycle operation.
- Commercial License. If you're looking to get a CDL, this exam will help you test your knowledge of commercial licensing guidelines.
- CDL Endorsements. Many professional drivers who hold a CDL will need a specific endorsement for the vehicle or type of goods transported. These tests are geared toward commercial drivers who need one of these endorsements.
- Driver Prep Course. This course teaches you the information from your MVD manual in an engaging format that includes video and multimedia for maximum retention.
- DMV Study Guides. These concise guides give key information you'll need for your written test and can be printed and taken with you to the DMV so you can study while you wait!
About the AZ MVD Written Knowledge Test
The written exam will consist of 30 questions.
You have 3 attempts to pass your written exam within a period of 12 months. If you do not pass after 3 attempts, you'll be required to pay for a new license application.
What to Bring to the MVD
You can visit our Applying for a License in AZ page for a full list of items you may need; however, at a minimum you'll need:
- Payment for your permit/license fees (see below).
- Proof of identification.
- If new to the state, you'll need your out-of-state driver's license.
- Vehicle (if also taking a road skills exam).
- Your application form.
Your fee will vary according to your document type and age. Common fees include:
- Driver's license or motorcycle license:
- 16 to 39 years old: $25.
- 40 to 44 years old: $20.
- 45 to 49 years old: $15.
- 50 years old and older: $10.
- Permit: $7.
- Class A or B CDL: $25.
- Class C CDL: $12.50.
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It’s like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle & CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee