Point Reduction in Arizona
If you have received a traffic ticket in Arizona, then a Arizona State Approved Traffic School is a great way to dismiss your traffic ticket and lose the points from your driving records. I Drive Safely is a good choice for Arizona traffic school online.
The successful completion of a course from one of the approved traffic schools may prevent violations from damaging your driving record. While in many cases a course just might get a traffic ticket dismissed, attending traffic school can also enhance your driving knowledge and skill level, and it may increase your overall safety awareness so that you, your family, and other drivers can be safer on the roads.
Defensive Driving Courses in Arizona
In Arizona, you can enroll in a defensive driving course to:
- Dismiss a traffic ticket.
- Avoid point accumulation if you received a traffic violation conviction.
- Prevent an increase in your auto insurance rates.
For more information, please visit our Defensive Driving in Arizona page.
Choosing a Course
Arizona approves a multitude of course formats, including online defensive driving courses. For many drivers, choosing an online course is the best option, as it allows you to work the course into your own schedule.
As you’re choosing your course, keep in mind:
- The defensive driving program is partly designed to reduce caseloads, so you can choose to complete a course OR go to court―not both.
- You must complete the course about a week prior to the hearing date printed on your ticket.
- You can change your mind about attending the course only if you haven’t started the course yet. Generally, you can’t get a refund if you’ve already started the course.
Some defensive driving schools electronically report your completion directly to the court; others provide tangible completion certificates for you to present. Once you choose a course, your program administrator or instructor will notify you of the school’s policy.
Traffic Survivor School
If you have committed a serious traffic violation or have accumulated too many driving record points, you may need to complete a traffic survival school (TSS). For more information, please visit our Traffic Schools in Arizona page.
Don’t confuse the defensive driving program with traffic survivor school. Traffic survival school is designed for drivers who:
- Have committed serious violations.
- Have a high number of points on their driving records.
- Are at risk of a driver's license suspension.
Typically, courts order completion of traffic survivor school.Other Topics in This Section