Motorcycle Manual in ArizonaPass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.Page Overview
- Purpose of the AZ Motorcycle Manual
- Tests for Motorcycle Licenses & Permits
- Motorcycle Training in Arizona
- Related Content
Verified As Of: 05/11/2015?Our goal is to give you the most up-to-date, accurate information about your state DMV's processes. The date you see here reflects the most recent time we've verified this information with your state DMV. When they change something, we do, too!SUMMARY: Motorcycle Manual in ArizonaKeep reading to learn more about the motorcycle manual in Arizona.
The Arizona motorcycle manual contains valuable information about riding a motorcycle safely. You'll also find additional information about motorcycle license tests and rider training courses.
The Arizona Motorcycle Operator Manual (99-0129 ) contains information that will help you get your motorcycle license.
The handbook has several sections about motorcycle operation and safety practices, including:
- Safety equipment requirements.
- Navigating intersections and hazards.
- Handling common mechanical issues.
- Riding with a passenger.
It also explains the different types of motorcycle licenses and endorsements offered by the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).
You will need to study the motorcycle handbook to prepare for the motorcycle written exam.
When you apply for a motorcycle license, you'll be required to take and pass:
- A written knowledge test.
- A motorcycle skills test.
To get a motorcycle learner's permit, you'll only need to take the written test.
NOTE: A vision test is also required to ensure that your eyesight meets Arizona MVD requirements.
Written Knowledge Test
The written knowledge test contains questions about the material in the Arizona MVD motorcycle manual.
You may be asked questions about:
- AZ traffic laws.
- Motorcycle operation.
- Motorcycle safety.
- Alcohol and drugs while riding.
The written test is offered in English and Spanish at AZ MVD offices.
NOTE: DMV motorcycle license practice tests can help you get ready for the written test.
Riding Skills Test
For the riding skills test, you will need to perform a range of maneuvers on a motorcycle in front of an examiner.
Maneuvers include executing turns, accelerating, keeping your speed steady, and stopping quickly and normally.
You'll be required to bring several items to your skills test, including:
- A helmet.
- Helmet use can be waived if you are at least 18 years old.
- Clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Sturdy shoes that cover your ankles.
- Protection for your eyes.
See the Motorcycle Rider Skill Test Instructions (Form 40-3903) for complete details.
You'll also find information about the skills test in the AZ motorcycle handbook.
Motorcycle training from an authorized provider includes instruction on a motorcycle, which can help you pass the riding skills test.
You will usually pay a fee for a motorcycle course, but they have several benefits:
- You'll get both instruction AND testing, so you don't have to go to an Arizona MVD office to take your tests.
- Your insurance company may offer a discount on motorcycle insurance if you complete a training course.
Scholarships are also available for those who need help with fees.
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section