Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in Arizona

    Registering a car?

    It's a good time to check car insurance rates

    Find the lowest rate among top providers.

    How To File a Change of Address

    Moving can be stressful. You feel as though you are drowning in boxes and, of course, paperwork. And it seems that you have to notify everyone in the world of your new address. Fortunately, the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) makes it easy to fulfill your legal obligation to change your address on file within 10 days. And you won't have to take another picture for your license!

    You can notify the MVD of your new address the following ways:

    • Log on to the online system and fill out a quick and simple form
    • Call to speak with an MVD agent
      • Phoenix: (602) 255-0072
      • Tucson: (520) 629-9808
      • Everywhere else: (800) 251-5866
    • Visit any MVD office to fill out the Change of Address card in person

    Change of Address Requirements

    The methods above will require your full name, old address, new address, date of birth, and driver license or ID number. The MVD will update your driver license or ID card, as well as the records of the vehicles you have registered under your name, free of charge.

    However, if you want a new driver license that displays your new address, you can get a duplicate license for a nominal charge of $12. See Replacing a Lost License for details.

    Other Topics in This Section