If you rack up too many speeding tickets or other traffic tickets, you may find yourself assigned to attend traffic school. In some cases, traffic school completion can reduce traffic ticket penalties and points on your driving record.
The good news is you may be able to take court-mandated traffic courses online. Drivers whose schedules won’t allow for traditional traffic school may find that online traffic school is an option.
Online Traffic School Benefits
Online traffic schools provide an array of benefits, such as:
- Instant completion results, so you don’t have to wait to receive your grade in the mail.
- Same-day certification, meaning the courts will be instantly notified upon your successful completion. You will receive same-day certification, which translates into faster reinstatement of driving privileges.
- Cooperation with notaries and exam centers or libraries to ensure you’re able to take any required written tests. Many traffic schools will then expedite the grading and returning of the test to the proper authorities.
- Help with reinstatement services, to aid the transition from non-driver to driver.
- Downloadable materials for future use.
- Possible point reduction or ticket dismissal.
- Possible auto insurance discount.
Of course, those attending online traffic school will need to ensure that the state they live in and the court where their case is being handles approve these online traffic school classes, as well as find out the exact benefits the traffic schools they choose offer.