The road signs test is a standard component of both the regular and non-commercial driver’s license tests.
As the name implies, the road signs test consists of questions about the meaning of standard highway signs, signals, and markers.
To pass the license exam, you must:
- Identify the road signs by color and shape.
- Explain what each sign means.
Tips for Passing the Road Signs Test
- Be aware that most road signs tests are in English only. Many states provide written exams in other languages, but when it comes to the road signs portion of the tests, all drivers should have the ability to read and understand simple English words, such as those used on road and highway signs.
- Study a copy of your state’s driver’s manual. The traffic signs section is designed to help you in preparing for the road signs test.
- Take a road sign practice test or two. You can find these for free or low cost online, or check your driver handbook for one.
- Take a few practice tests to prepare for the drivers license test, too. Many handbooks include these, and some states even post them on their DMV websites.
Have you take the road signs portion of your written exam? How did you study for it?