In many states, if you want a motorcycle license, you need to complete two tests: a motorcycle driving skills test and a written test.
To prepare for a skills test, you’ll want to spend time behind the handlebars of a bike, and consider completing a motorcycle rider education course. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation is a good place to start when checking out safe-rider courses.
To prepare for the written test, you’ll want to hit the books and study up. You can study for your written exam by reviewing your state’s motorcycle handbook or manual and by taking an online motorcycle practice test. You can even check out a road sign practice test or two.
Common Motorcycle Practice Test Topics
Motorcycle practice tests offer a great way to prepare for the written portion of a motorcycle licensing exam.
In a practice test, you’ll review state-specific traffic laws, road signs, and safe-driving practices that might be covered in the actual written exam.
Practice tests cover a wide range of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Usage of protective gear.
- Safe driving practices.
- Requirements for a street-legal motorcycle.
- Ways to increase visibility.
- Optimal lane positioning.
- Basic motorcycle driving skills (i.e., how to stop a motorcycle).
Extra Motorcycle Practice Test Benefits
When you prepare for the written portion of your motorcycle licensing exam with an online motorcycle practice test, you stand to benefit.
By taking a practice test, you can:
- Prepare for your written exam from the comfort of home. You can find many motorcycle practice tests online. So, you don’t need to take a trip to your local department of motor vehicles to get your study materials.
- Learn what to expect on the written exam.
- Brush up on your test-taking skills.
- Quell your test-taking jitters.
- Increase your chances of passing on your first try.
- Save time! If you pass the exam the first time you won’t need to make another trip back to your state motor vehicle agency for a re-test. Some states might require a waiting period before you can re-take a licensing test. So, passing on the first try might help you get on the road sooner.
How has a motorcycle practice test helped you prepare for a motorcycle license exam? Leave a comment below and tell us all about it!