Special Licenses in Arkansas
If you intend to drive a vehicle that weighs over 16,000 pounds or is meant to transport more than 16 passengers (driver included), you will need to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL).
If you need to obtain a CDL or a license endorsement, check out our Applying for a New CDL article for instructions on how to do so. And, don't miss our other commercial driving-related articles, too.
School Bus Driver
Those intending to be a school bus driver need to obtain a school bus endorsement, in addition to their CDL.
Drivers, such as chauffeurs and taxi drivers, who tranport passengers as part of their job need to have at least a passenger endorsement on their license.
You don't need a special license to drive an off-highway vehicle (OHV) or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) in the state.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Especially for You: Information on Special Licenses
- Operating a Snow Mobile: Special Driver Licenses, Training, and Age Requirements
- What is a Special License, and Do You Need One?
- Driving All-Terrain Vehicles: Special Licenses, Training, and More for ATVs
- Special License Requirements: When and How to Apply for a Special License
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.