RV & Motorhome Registration in Arkansas
The Arkansas Office of Motor Vehicles issues registrations and titles for all motor vehicles, including motor homes and RVs.
You have a grace period of 30 days after you buy a motor home before you must register with the OMV.
Purchase insurance for your motor home or RV immediately; Arkansas requires a minimum of liability coverage. Proof of insurance is required during the registration process.
You are also responsible for property tax on your new, used, or leased vehicle. Each county in Arkansas collects a personal property tax based on the assessment of your vehicle.
To apply for a certificate of title, apply at your local Office of Motor Vehicles with the following:
- Bill of Sale.
- Original title signed over to you, if vehicle is used.
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, if vehicle is new.
- Title application form (Form 10-381).
- Paid property tax receipt.
- Appropriate registration fees and required sales tax (6%-7% of purchase price, depending on county where you live).
The OMV offers many options for license plates.
You must renew your registration and tags each year. Tag renewals are very convenient. Complete the entire process online through Arkansas Star or through the mail:
- Office of Motor Vehicle
- P.O. Box 3153
- Little Rock, AR 72203
To use the online system, your liability insurance and county property taxes must be current.Other Topics in This Section