RV & Motorhome Registration in Arkansas
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
The Arkansas Office of Motor Vehicles issues registrations and titles for all motor vehicles, including motor homes and RVs.
You have a 30-day grace period after you buy a motor home before you must register with the OMV.
Purchase insurance for your motor home or RV immediately; Arkansas requires a minimum of liability coverage. Proof of insurance is required during the registration process.
You are also responsible for property tax on your new, used, or leased vehicle. Each county in Arkansas collects a personal property tax based on the assessment of your vehicle.
To apply for a certificate of title, apply at your local Office of Motor Vehicles with the following:
- Original title signed over to you, if vehicle is used.
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, if vehicle is new.
- Paid property tax receipt.
- Appropriate registration fees and required sales tax (6-7% of purchase price, depending on county where you live).
The OMV offers many options for license plates.
You must renew your registration and tags each year. Tag renewals are very convenient. Complete the entire process online, at participating Wal-Mart Stores or through the mail:
- Department of Finance & Administration
- Office of Motor Vehicle
- P.O. Box 3153
- Little Rock, AR 77203-3153
To use the online system, your liability insurance and county property taxes must be current.
The convenient Arkansas Star registration renewal system is available 24 hours a day.
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.