- Location: Arkansas
Custom Built Car Registration in ArkansasCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
Custom built cars are so popular in Arkansas that you can get a specialty license plate specifically for your street rod.
Custom built cars are fun, and a great hobby, but to be street legal, they must meet the Arkansas Vehicle Code.
To register your custom built car, like any car, you need to prove ownership to your local Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) office.
A bill of sale can prove ownership provided the vehicle identification numbers match the paperwork.
If you put the car together with major parts from more than one vehicle, you'll need to complete an affidavit, and provide receipts and vehicle specifications to prove its history. Good record-keeping is a must.
Your custom built car may quality for a special license plate. To meet the criteria, your car or truck must:
- have been produced in the US before 1948.
- have undergone a major upgrade.
- be driven under its own power.
- meet minimum legal requirements for road worthiness.
There is a significant difference between a street rod and an antique vehicle.
Antique license plates are issued for vehicles 25 years or older; antiques are unaltered from original manufacturer specs.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks