Custom Built Car Registration in ArkansasPage Overview
Custom built cars are so popular in Arkansas that you can get a specialty license plate specifically for your street rod.
Custom built cars are fun, and a great hobby, but to be street legal, they must meet the Arkansas Vehicle Code.
To register your custom built car, like any car, you need to prove ownership to your local Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) office.
A bill of sale can prove ownership provided the vehicle identification numbers match the paperwork.
If you put the car together with major parts from more than one vehicle, you'll need to complete an Affidavit of Reconstruction for a Salvage Motor Vehicle, and provide receipts and vehicle specifications to prove its history. Good record-keeping is a must.
Your custom built car may quality for a special license plate. To meet the criteria, your car or truck must:
- Be a 1948 or older model, or built to resemble a vehicle model older than 1949.
- Has been altered from the original design OR has been reconstructed from materials other than the original materials.
There is a significant difference between a street rod and an antique vehicle.
Antique license plates are issued for vehicles 25 years or older; antiques are unaltered from original manufacturer specs.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸