Changing Your Address in Arkansas
Changing your address?
Perfect time to compare car insurance rates.
1. Start Your Quote:
You are required to change your address with the Office of Driver Services (ODS) when you move anywhere within Arkansas. When it is time for driver's license to expire, the ODS will send your renewal notice to the address on file.
To update by mail, include your:
- Name, as it appears on your driver's license
- Driver's license number, issue date and expiration date
- Date of birth
- Old address
- New address
And mail it to:
- Office of Driver Services
- Drivers License Issuance
- Room 2120
- P.O.Box 1272
- Little Rock, AR 72203
Your new address will be recorded, and you will receive an updated license at your usual renewal date. Commercial drivers must visit the ODS for a duplicate license immediately.
You are also required to notify the state if your name changes due to marriage, divorce, adoption or court order.
When you visit an ODS office, they will want to see some proof of your legal name change:
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- Adoption papers
- Court Order
In addition, you'll also need to bring:
- Your driver license
- Proof of age and identification if over 18
- Check for $10
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.