- Location: Arkansas
Paperwork When Buying a Car in ArkansasGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
When you purchase a car, get a bill of sale, your binding contract. Read it carefully to make sure it contains the proper price, terms, and warranty.
You will need to transfer the title from the seller to you, and then pay the local county property taxes. You can't take possession of the car without the title.
When buying a car through a dealership, the company will complete the forms you need and submit them to the Office of Motor Vehicle (OMV).
After you buy a car, you'll need to register it. There are many motor vehicle forms available online to help with this.
Arkansas requires you to carry a minimum of liability insurance on your vehicle, but if your vehicle is purchased with a loan, you'll need full insurance coverage.
A bill of sale is necessary for registering and titling your vehicle. Plus, it's a good document to have for your files. If needed, you can easily download this document from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard