- Location: Arkansas
Paperwork When Selling a Car in ArkansasCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
Selling your car is hard work. You need to know the value of the car before you advertise, and then be prepared to negotiate. Once you have a buyer with a bill of sale in hand, you are ready to sell.
You don't need to produce the vehicle registration at the time of the sale. But showing it to a prospective buyer could help facilitate the sale. For example, the buyer might be able to verify that the tags are legitimate, and it might give the buyer some extra piece of mind in general.
Once you sell the car, take off your plates and then get in touch with your insurance carrier. Cancel the insurance on the sold vehicle and be sure to buy liability insurance for any new vehicles you buy in its place.
After the sale, you must notify your county assessor. Most will handle this over the phone.
The seller requires a bill of sale to register and title the vehicle. You can, if needed, easily download this document from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard