Dealer Licensing in Arkansas
Auto dealers must be licensed to buy and sell cars in Arkansas. After the initial application process, the renewal of your license is simple and easy.
Along with your application, submit:
- Surety Bond for $25,000 (the actual premium will only be a few hundred dollars)
- Picture of Business Site and business sign
- List of Owners and Sales Force
- Proof of Liability Insurance
At some point during your application process, the Arkansas State Police will visit the business site. They will inspect your location, signage, filing system and documentation process and even confirm your telephone listing.
If your business is in compliance with Arkansas's rules and regulations, the inspector will submit an affidavit to go along with your application.
Every vehicle you buy or sell must be well documented. Once you have passed the application process you will learn all the reporting requirements.
Keeping your dealer license is easy if you follow all the rules. Be sure to ask about anything you don't understand. Call the Regulatory Services Section at (501) 618-8600 for more information.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.