- Location: Arkansas
Boat Registration and Licenses in ArkansasGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
- Motor boats used on the state's public waterways.
- Sail boats for use on the state's public waterways.
- Boats registered in another state that are going to be used on Arkansas waterways for fewer than 90 days.
- Vessels documented by the U.S. Coast Guard are exempt.
- Any vessel not propelled by motor or sail.
You must apply for your registration 30 days of your purchase. Visit any State Revenue Office with:
- Either a bill of sale or current registration.
- Provide proof of liability insurance (if your vessel has an engine 50 horsepower). Coverage must meet the state's $50,000 requirement and be with an insurance provider authorized to operate in Arkansas.
- Have proof that your boat has been assessed (or is listed for assessment in the current year).
- Bring proof that you've paid your personal property taxes (county tax collector receipt or payment stamp on your assessment papers).
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission provides information on how to exhibit the registration number and validation decals.
Be sure to keep the Certificate of Number card on board; it must be readily available for inspection whenever the boat is in operation.
Registration fees vary with the size of the boat:
- Less than 16 ft: $ 7.50
- 16 ft to 26 ft: $15
- 26 ft to 40 ft: $ 51
- 40 ft. and longer: $105
Your registration is valid for 3 years. When it's time to renew you may:
Renew in Person
Renew your registration by following the application instructions outlined above. However, you will need the renewal notice or current registration certificate instead of the bill of sale. The fees are the same, too.
Renew by Mail
Send photocopies of the required application documents (mentioned above) along with a check or money order for the renewal fee to:
- Department of Finance and Administration
- Office of Motor Vehicle
- P.O. Box 3153
- Little Rock, AR 72203-3153
Allow 15 days to process your request. Make your check payable to the Department of Finance and Administration.
Replace a damaged or lost registration by following the original application instructions outlined above. Cost: $1.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks