Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Personal Injury in Arkansas

    Unfortunately, accidents do happen. If you are involved in one, you need to fill out the proper paperwork, notify your insurance company, and consult with an attorney.

    Filing an Accident Report

    When you are involved in a vehicle accident with damages of more than $1,000 or personal injury, you must file an accident report. The Arkansas Office of Motor Vehicles offers the form online.

    The Motor Vehicle Accident Report SR-1 can be filled out anytime during the first 30 days following your accident. The form is easy to complete, although your insurance company is willing to help if needed.

    There are sections of the form your authorized agent must complete. Consider doing the form together, if time and schedules permit.

    When using the online form to file your accident report, you'll need detailed information on all vehicles and drivers involved:

    • Vehicle Makes
    • Vehicle Years
    • Vehicle License Numbers
    • Driver's license numbers
    • Details of the accident, including time, place, circumstances, witnesses, and weather conditions.

    Injuries and Accidents

    Many accidents involve vehicle damage and also personal injury. It is always a good idea to get a medical evaluation because some injuries don't show up right away.

    In today's environment of expensive health care and insurance premiums, accidents and injuries can have a tremendous financial impact.

    As a vehicle owner, your registered car must be minimally insured with liability coverage.

    Loss of wages is another concern if you are seriously hurt in an accident. An attorney can help you seek compensation to cover those expenses, too.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.