Appointments in ArkansasPage Overview
At this time, the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) and the Arkansas State Police do not offer any online scheduling services. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
All driver's license testing is done by the Arkansas State Police. Each highway patrol troop commander is responsible for scheduling driver's license testing in each troop county. The only test you need an appointment for is the practical (road) test for a commercial driver license (CDL). CDL practical (road) tests are only given in LIttle Rock, Newport, Russellville, Hope, Pine Bluff, and Springdale. To schedule your test:
- Determine where your county's troop headquarters is located
- Download the DL/CDL Test Sites PDF for locations and test times in your area
- Call and schedule your appointment
All other testing, including the driver's license written and practical (road) tests and the commercial license written test, DOES NOT need an appointment. Simply show up at the location and times as outlined above in the DL/CDL Test Sites PDF for locations and test times in your area.
For all other vehicle related services visit the AR DFA. If you must pay a visit to the AR DFA, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday