Accident Guide in Arkansas

If you're involved in an accident in Arkansas that involves an injury, death, or property damage of more than $1,000 to one person, you'll need to complete the Motor Vehicle Accident Report (SR-1). You'll need to do so even if the accident was not your fault.

The report must be filed within 30 days of the accident. However, if someone is injured to the extent that completing the form isn't possible within that time period, that person may wait until they are capable of filing the report.

You may complete and submit the form online. You may also download the form, or get a copy by stopping by a revenue office.

Be aware that accident reports completed by law enforcement personnel will not be submitted to the Department of Finance and Administration (DFA). You might find some of the information on these reports quite handy in filling out your own forms, however.

Proof of Financial Responsibility

All drivers and vehicle owners involved in the accident must promptly provide proof of financial responsibility to the DFA. The simplest way to do this is to have your insurance company complete the SR-21 (proof of liability insurance) portion of your Motor Vehicle Accident Report (Form SR-1). This section will require a signature and case number from your insurance agent.

In lieu of the SR-21, the state will accept various alternative methods of proof.

Related Content

Provide Feedback


  • 0
  • 0
  • 5
  • 0
  • 8

Have Pledged to Not Drive Distracted.

Looking for Accident Guide in Another State?