Traffic Ticket Attorneys in AlabamaPage OverviewSUMMARY: Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Alabama
Hiring a traffic ticket lawyer can be the best way to avoid the consequences you may face from your traffic ticket. If you do decide to get legal representation for your ticket, follow our tips for hiring a traffic ticket attorney.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Challenging a traffic ticket successfully can potentially save you thousands of dollars. By hiring a traffic ticket attorney you can greatly increase the chance that you win your case.
Traffic ticket attorneys can assist you with handling all types of traffic violations and can:
- Represent you in court.
- Help you avoid any fines associated with your ticket.
- Have the charges against you dropped or lowered.
- Keep your driving record clean and free of points associated with a ticket.
- Help you maintain your car insurance rates.
To get a better grasp of the advantages of hiring a traffic ticket lawyer, it is important to understand the true consequences of being convicted for a traffic violation.
In Alabama, a traffic violation conviction can lead to:
- Points on your driving record.
- Suspended driver's license.
- Increased auto insurance premiums.
After you are convicted of a traffic violation, points will be added to your driving record. Once you have accumulated a certain amount of points, you'll face license suspension.
Point values vary by violation. The following is a list of some common traffic violations in Alabama and their point values:
- Stop sign violation – 3 points.
- Following too closely – 3 points.
- Speeding up to 25 MPH over the speed limit – 2 points.
You can learn more about Alabama's point system by visiting our DMV Point System in Alabama page.
Some major traffic violations can lead to automatic suspension or even revocation of your driver's license.
These violations include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Vehicular manslaughter.
- Hit and run.
These are very serious charges, and you should not face them without the assistance of good legal council.
NOTE: Some traffic ticket attorneys do not defend DUI cases. See our DUI Attorneys in Alabama page for information about hiring a DUI lawyer.
Car Insurance Rates
Having just one traffic violation conviction on your record can increase your car insurance rates by hundreds of dollars for several years.
Keep in mind that by law your must have car insurance in order to drive on Alabama roads.
One of your traffic attorney's goals will be to keep convictions off of your record so you can maintain your low car insurance rates.
If you have decided that you would benefit from having a traffic ticket attorney, use our following tips to help ensure you hire the right lawyer for you:
- Inquire about credentials.
- Look into:
- Client satisfaction.
- Case record (if available).
- Take advantage of free consultations from many attorneys to give yourself more choice.
- Hire local when possible.
- Your traffic ticket lawyer's knowledge of the local justice system can work to your advantage.
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section