Replacing a Lost CDL in Alabama

Lost your commercial driver's license? You'll need to apply for a duplicate CDL at your local Driver License Division office. You will not be retested if your license hasn't expired, but you will need to bring proof of identity, such as your birth certificate and Social Security card.

The fees for a duplicate license is generally $18.50. Contact your Driver License Division office dealing with commercial licenses for specific information.

Any person making a false claim for a lost, stolen, or destroyed license may be charged with forgery, perjury, or both. If convicted, you could be fined and jailed.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?