Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Alabama

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Service Comparison State Motor Vehicle Agency
Online Registration
Same Day Processing
E-Copy of Registration No
Next Day Delivery No
Alternate Mailing Address Requires Address Change
Phone Support No
Convenience Fee $0 $29
Learn More Do it for me

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

With gas prices skyrocketing, more people are looking for alternative transportation. Some are considering fuel-saving options such as scooters and mopeds built to be street legal. The Department of Revenue's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) requires you to title and tag these machines before you can drive them legally. The process is the same as for registering a motorcycle.

When registering, you'll apply for a motorcycle tag, which carries a fee of $15. You can instead get a personalized license plate for an additional $50.

To tag and register your scooter or moped, you'll need to visit your local tag office with the following:

  • Original or current title or certificate of origin showing you as the new owner.
  • Your driver's license or photo ID.
  • Bill of sale.
  • Current registration papers, if there are any.
  • Registration fee.
  • Sales tax, based on purchase price.

Note: Scooters designed as children's toys that will not be used on the streets do not have to be tagged and titled.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Looking for Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Another State?