Special Vehicles in AlabamaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
In Alabama, any vehicle used on public roads must be registered, titled, and tagged by the Department of Revenue's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). If you have a vehicle used only on your own property or off-road, you do not have to register, title, or tag it.
All vehicles requiring registration, including motorcycles, custom-built cars, RVs and motorhomes go through the same process as for car registration. Just make sure you have all the needed documentation in hand when you visit the tag office, and the transaction should move smoothly.
All trailers, including travel trailers manufactured in 1990 or later, collapsible camping trailers, utility trailers, and truck trailers, must be tagged and titled. The process is the same as for car registration.
Alabama does not require tags and titles for the following vehicles:
- Vehicles moved by animal power
- Farm machinery
- Pole trailers
- Junked vehicles
- Special mobile vehicles
- Vehicles owned by the U.S. government
- Vehicles held by a dealer or manufacturer for resale
- Vehicles owned by a nonresident
Other Topics in This Section
- Vehicles used to transport people or products through the state, but titled in another
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.