Online Services in Alabama
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Alabama Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Alabama Commercial Driver Forms
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Alabama Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Alabama residents know all about southern hospitality. That's why they warmly welcome the chance to take care of driver- and vehicle-related transactions online.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Driver License Division of the Alabama Department of Public Safety (DPS). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby AL DPS office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Order a driving record.
- Pay your traffic ticket fines online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take an AL drivers license practice test.
- Take an AL drivers permit practice test.
- Take an AL commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take an AL motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Alabama Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in an Alabama defensive driving course if you received a traffic ticket.
Consult our Driver's License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Alabama.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of the Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby ADOR office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Alabama.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on AL smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Track the status of your title application.
- Apply for a Vehicle Information Check and learn about a vehicle's make, model, title number and more.
- Obtain an Alabama license plate.
- Apply for a personalized (vanity) license plate.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Alabama that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!